I’ve been snuggled up with Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch for the past week. Now that I’ve gotten into it, I don’t/can’t/won’t put it down. The best part about the book is its reminder of how much I love reading and books and stories. Books like this make me love books everywhere.
Once I finish The Goldfinch (and I’ll be sad to put it down), here are a few that I want to follow up with:
- Pulphead, John Jeremiah Sullivan
- Night Film, Marisha Pessl
- Men We Reaped, Jesmyn Ward
- Building Stories, Chris Ware
- Keepers Cookbook, Kathry Brennan and Caroline Campion
- Treasured Recipes from the Charleston Cake Lady, Teresa Pregnall
*The last two are wild cards for me. Anyone who knows me knows I’m not much of a cook. I love to bake, I just never do it anymore. But I really love reading cookbooks. And lately, when I can’t sleep, I page through recipes or browse baking blogs. One day, when I have a little more money and lot more time and a roomy kitchen, I’ll make use of all this food data I’ve been storing up.