Oh drats. I read this Wait But Why article reposted on Huffington Post and the checklist began.
- Do I belong to Gen Y yuppie culture? Check!
- Do I feel unhappy and constantly plagued by a vague feeling of sorrow and loss? Check!
- Do I believe that I’m special and unique and the only reason for aforementioned unhappiness is that the rest of the world has yet to catch on? Check!
- Do I have expectations that don’t correlate with reality, ones that make me feel chronically dissatisfied? Check!
- Do I look at other people’s lives (on Facebook, Instagram, in the check out line at Trader Joe’s) and think they’re better off and prettier and smarter and richer and having better sex and are all around better people than I am? Check!
- Will coming face to face with said arrogance, entitlement, “special” thinking make me feel lousy and even more understood and cause me to find solace in True Blood reruns, further perpetuating my feelings of being cheated out of what’s owed me? Check!